Thursday, October 18, 2012

Previous Halloween Me

I am a pretty creative person. So Halloween has been a favourite holiday where I'm allowed to think of and create a really unique costume. Here are some past highlights:

Thing 2 - My best friend and I really wanted to do a pair costume and I think it was her mom that came up with Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat. It was actually perfect. We both wore all red and emblazoned our stomachs with felt depicting our title. Now for the best part: We both had long blonde hair which we temporarily dyed blue and frizzed up with hairspray. It was so much fun going to school like that!





Ms. Frizzle - It all started when I saw this particularly flamboyant dress that was in-your-face blue with flowers all over it. I bought it, added big plastic flower jewelry, dyed my hair red and BAM, the perfect Ms. Frizzle. At the time I didn't have a lizard stuffed animal (I may have acquired one since then though) but that would've so completed the outfit.






The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - I wasn't all of the above, don't worry. This was a family thing. My little sister was still in her adorable stage and happened to have a full body lion costume. With that taken care of, I got to show my evil side with white flowy stuff and tin foil as the White Witch. That left my poor mom to wear the refrigerator box which we covered in wood sticker stuff and even added old handles to over her head. It was definitely a hit for people who understood it.



Three Blind Mice - My aforementioned best friend plus another girl all went as the Three blind mice one year. We just wore grey, added mouse ears, sunglasses and canes. The awesome thing about "being blind" was that you could "accidentally" whack someone, say an annoying boy, with your cane and have a perfectly plausible alibi.






Right now I have the extreme urge to be Waldo for Halloween. I just think it'd be sweet and a half.

So, tell me what you think of the costumes I've done! ALSO, I really, extremely would love to hear what all y'all are going to be for Halloween. (I don't actually say "all y'all" in real life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...