Saturday, May 4, 2013

May The 4th Be With You

Happy Second-Best-Day-of-the-Year! (The best being my birthday, obviously. Only 4 days away!)

In case you didn't know, it's a reference to Star Wars's classic line: May the force be with you.

I have a confession to make now. I have never actually seen the movie in which they say this line. Seriously. I have only seen the first movie made (so that's the 4th in chronological order) a couple years ago when she found out I had never watched Star Wars.

But get this: I had been having whole conversations and debates with her on the subject with her many times and she never suspected a thing.

It's the same with SO MANY other things. I just haven't gotten around to watching/reading these things! But that doesn't stop me from knowing many of the inside jokes and major plot lines. It's a skill I guess.

I'm wondering if anyone else does this? They know so much about things with huge fanbases from internet jokes or casual conversation that they really don't have to see it themselves to know what they're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...