Monday, September 23, 2013

In The Presence Of Presents

My mom likes to do this thing where, if I'm with her while she buys a present for me, she will keep that present hidden until she thinks I've forgotten all about it and then can surprise me at the next present-giving occasion.

The thing is, I don't usually forget. I'm just waiting for it to happen. But sometimes, my mother will keep it hidden past like 3 to 4 gift-giving occasions. And I'm stuck with the dilemma of wanting to remind her and not wanting to because she'll keep it tucked away for even longer.

Right now there is a DVD of Fantastic Mr. Fox (which I've never seen but it is one of my favourite Roald Dahl books so I really want to see it.) somewhere in my house and it has been there for at least a year and I'm dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...