Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions

Before we get down to the nitty gritty of me baring my fixable flaws before, can I say that I have never seen any jokes concerning picture resolution about New Year's resolutions. None. Whatsoever. It's weird cause they can't have all been invented this year. So here I am, laughing my head off at their sheer wit while all y'all are probably giving me hipster looks and telling me they've been around for ages. I must have figured out a way to avoid them until now because I am seriously not new to this whole internet deal.

This is the first time I've actually written something down for my New Year's resolutions, normally I just vaguely think something up. Here goes.

- Stay fit. Most people want to get fit but I am fit. I love sports and have high metabolism which both work to my advantage. But I won't have gym class anymore in university and I am not down to gain the freshman 15, thank you very much. So this is thinking long term to develop habits that'll help me come September.

- Learn a song on the bass each month. The bass is such a cool instrument to be able to play. I don't practice things very much so this might help me grow my repertoire.

- Do homework every night. Even if nothing is assigned. I am the queen of procrastination so this one is going to be a Herculean effort. That I will eventually fail at.

- Keep my room presentable. I am the worst at cleaning my own stuff. Other people's things I love to organize but my own things just get neglected. I've started keeping my bed made which actually makes a difference in how clean my room looks but I hope to get further along.


- Smile at one person I don't know a day. Because spreading happiness is fun. Because you never know how the person's day has been and what your actions do to contribute to it. Because what's the worst that could happen?

- Learn something new. I don't know what exactly but I want it to be a skill that takes time to acquire. Learn to write with my left hand? Take up handwriting analysis? Who knows! (You can tell I wrote the first draft of this by hand since both examples have to do with writing.)


- Be creative. My focus education-wise is all sciency and facts. I love that stuff to death but I really need to keep my brain entertained by creative things as well. So it may be making wall decorations or knitting something. Anything that lets me just release my creativity. (First on the list is find myself a synonym for "creative". I used it far too much in that paragraph.)


- Read 100 books. Easily accomplished seeing as I've done that for the past few years. But it's good to keep it as a goal.

I'm thinking at the end of the year we shall revisit this list and see how much progress I made on it!

ALSO: What do you think of my resolutions? Too ambitious? Too stereotypical? What are some resolutions you've made and do you think you'll be able to keep them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...